The Injury Observatory for Britain and Ireland website is a free online resource designed to support injury prevention practitioners by making important and relevant information and tools available through one website.
It is an international collaborative venture representing public health and academic institutions from Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and regions of England. It is managed by a steering group of public health professionals committed to injury prevention. We would welcome any feedback on the website, any difficulties encountered and comments on how it can be improved.
IOBI has no core funding but the consituent components receive funding from Welsh Government and Public Health Wales, Scottish Government, the Department of Health (England), the Department of Health and Social Services and Public Safety (Northern Ireland) and the Department of Health and Children (Republic of Ireland).
IOBI works closely with other Injury Prevention websites, most notibly with CAPIC.
- UK AND IRELAND: 18TH EDITION OF IPN NOW AVAILABLE!
- UK: ALL-PARTY PARLIAMENTARY GROUP ON ALCOHOL MISUSE MANIFESTO
- ENGLAND & WALES: LATEST ON CRIME IN ENGLAND AND WALES (PERIOD ENDING MARCH 2014)
- GREAT BRITAIN: LATEST PROVISIONAL STATISTICS ON ROAD CASULATIES
- GREAT BRITAIN: REPORTED ROAD CASUALTIES INVOLVING ILLEGAL ALCOHOL LEVELS